Tuesday 15 July 2014

Graphic Designer Gethin Oliver scores top in sports infographic competition

Graphic Designer Gethin Oliver has scored big and won £1,000  for a live brief competition set by Opta Sports –  the biggest contributors of sports data in the world.

























Gethin was presented with the 1st prize of £1000 at the Opta HQ in London by Alex Edney, Senior Graphic Designer at PERFORM Group




The BA (Hons) Graphic Design graduate of 2014 won the competition – which looked for creative and imaginative player comparison infographics – after entering as part of a module on the course.
“I was in the shower at the time of finding out I had won. First of all I thought someone was having me on! I didn’t expect to hear back, let alone win,” Gethin said.
























The judges, a panel of expert Graphic Designers, selected Gethin’s design for being creative, clear, and clean-cut.
“I just wanted to do something where I could present as much information in as clear a way as possible,” he said.
“I had never done an infographic before so I thought it would be something that boosted my portfolio and to just try something new.”
Kamal Gohil, programme leader for BA (Hons) Graphic Design, said: “We’d like to congratulate Gethin on this excellent achievement in a competitive live brief.
“Competitions like these give students excellent experience in working to a specific brief and considering clients' needs – and that’s exactly why we incorporate it into the taught programme here at the college.”

See Gethin's work at behance.net/gethinoliver